We are delighted to announce that SoNET Systems will be working with the New Zealand Qualifications Authority (NZQA) to provide ICT services in 2016 for their Digital Trials and Pilots project.
The work includes digitising some of the externally assessed subjects such as Business Studies, History and French as part of the Authority’s transition from paper based examinations to digital examinations. SoNET Systems will also support the piloting of the end to end process of writing, sitting, marking and distributing the results of some exams.
The services will include use of our Assessment Master software, application hosting and service desk support.
About New Zealand Qualifications Authority (NZQA)
NZQA’s role in the education sector is to ensure that New Zealand qualifications are regarded as credible and robust, nationally and internationally, in order to help learners succeed in their chosen endeavours and to qualify for the future world.
NZQA is responsible for
- Managing the New Zealand Qualifications Framework.
- Administering the secondary school assessment system.
- Independent quality assurance of non-university education providers.
- Qualifications recognition and standard-setting for some specified unit standards.
- NZQA reports to the Minister of Education and the Minister for Tertiary
- Education, Skills and Employment.
For more information about the Digital Assessment: Trials and Pilots 2016 see: Trials and Pilots 2016