You can submit a request regarding your personal information we hold and process by filling this form.
WE RESPECT YOUR PRIVACY AND ARE COMMITTED TO PROTECTING THE PRIVACY AND SECURITY OF:
(i) Individuals’ business information, such as email address, name and telephone number (each individual, a “Contact”), which is collected and obtained in our internal database; and
(ii) Our users (“you” or “your”) who submit personal information through our corporate website or through one of our product or services.
COLLECTING PERSONAL INFORMATION
- Information about your computer (device) and about your visits to and use of our website (including your IP address, geographical location, software application type and version, operating system, referral source, length of use, page views and website navigation paths);
- Information that you provide to us when registering for the use of applications and services that we provide;
- Information that you provide to us for subscribing to our email notifications and/or newsletters (including your name, email address, mobile, company name and website);
- Information that you provide to us when using our services, or that is generated during the use of those services (including the timing, frequency and pattern of service use);
- Information relating to any transactions that you enter through applications and services provided by or hosted by us (including your name, addresses, telephone numbers, email addresses, bank and credit card details);
- Information contained in or relating to any communications that you send to us or send through applications and services provided by us (including the communication content and meta data associated with the communication);
- Any other personal information which you may choose to send to us;
- We prohibit disclosure of personal information to us by an individual other than you. If such information is required to be disclosed, you must obtain the other person’s consent to both the disclosure, storage and the processing of their personal information in accordance with this policy.
A cookie is a small data file that is sent to your device when you first visit our website. Cookies usually include an identification number that is unique to the device you are using. Such identifier can help us better understand you (visitors) and how you are using the website and the services.
Cookies also enable recognition of you when you re-visit our website, keeping your settings and preferences and ability to offer customised features. If you prefer, however, at any time you can set your browser, so it refuses all cookies, or notifies you when a cookie is being used.
USING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may use your personal information to:
- Administer our applications and services;
- Personalise our services and applications for you;
- Enable your use of our services and products;
- Supply services and products that you may have purchased from us;
- Send statements, invoices and payment reminders to you, and to contact you for any other matter in interest of business;
- Send you non-marketing commercial communications;
- Send you email notifications that you have specifically requested;
- Send you our email newsletter from which you can unsubscribe;
- Send you marketing communications relating to our business, which we believe that may be of interest to you by email or similar technology (you can inform us at any time if you no longer require marketing communications);
- Provide information to external service providers (such as information technology service providers, legal service providers, financial service providers, mailing houses and government authorised agencies which collect information about our users for statistical purposes). These external service providers are strictly prohibited from using your personal and sensitive information for any other purpose;
- Deal with enquiries and complaints made by or about you;
- Keep our services and applications secure and prevent fraud;
- Verify compliance with the terms and conditions governing the use of our services;
If you submit personal information for publication on our website or in application, we will publish and otherwise use that information in accordance with your expressed consent and instructions provided.
We will not, without your expressed consent, supply your personal information to any third party for their or any other third party’s direct marketing not acting on our behalf.
NOTE: At any time, you may decide to opt-out from any of the communications described above by contacting us directly with your request.
DISCLOSING PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may disclose your personal information to any of our employees, officers, insurers, professional advisers, agents, suppliers or subcontractors insofar as reasonably necessary for the purposes set out in this policy.
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group of companies (this means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and all its subsidiaries) insofar as reasonably necessary for the purposes set out in this policy.
We may disclose your personal information:
- To the extent that is required to do so by law;
- In connection with any on-going or prospective legal proceedings;
- To establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk);
Except as provided in this policy, we will not provide your personal information to any other third parties.
INTERNATIONAL DATA TRANSFERS
Our main office is in Australia and as such information we collect will be stored and processed primarily in Australia. Only with your written consent, your information can be transferred between any of the other countries in which we may operate, or you operate to enable us to use the information in accordance with this policy. You may contact us at any time if you do not wish your information to be stored and processed outside of the country you live in.
Personal information that you give consent for us to publish on our website or submit for publication on our website may be available publicly, via the Internet, around the world. This information may be available to general visitors (public) to our website. Any misuse of this information by the public is strictly prohibited.
RETAINING PERSONAL INFORMATION
This section sets out our data retention policies and procedure, which are designed to help ensure that we comply with our legal obligations in relation to the retention and deletion of personal information.
Personal information that we process for any purpose, would not be kept for longer than it is necessary for that purpose.
We will adopt a retention policy regardless of your place of residence, which will follow the reasonable mandatory retention period, which is a minimum of 7 years from the initial contact or action.
Nevertheless, the other provisions in section Security of Personal Information, we will retain documents (including electronic documents) containing personal data:
- To the extent that is required to do so by law;
- If we believe that the documents may be relevant to any ongoing or prospective legal proceedings; and
- To establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk).
SECURITY OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We will take all reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information.
We will store all the personal information you provide in a secure location.
All electronic financial transactions entered into applications that reside on our servers will be protected by security mechanisms and controls built based on industry standards.
You acknowledge that the transmission of information over the Internet is inherently insecure, and we cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the Internet.
We are responsible for keeping the passwords you use for accessing any of applications and services as strictly confidential and highly secured.
AMENDMENTS TO THIS POLICY
We may update this policy from time to time by publishing a new version.
We may notify you of changes to this policy by email.
We respect your privacy rights and therefore you may contact us at any time and we shall work diligently to respect your choices and requests regarding your personal information. The purpose of the list stipulated below is to allow you to exercise your rights under applicable privacy and data protection regulations:
Right of Access: You may request to access your personal information and obtain a copy of personal information which is being processed by us. In the event that you request to know what personal information is being processed by us, we will provide the you with the following information free of charge: purposes of processing; categories of personal information processed; recipient(s) of personal information; length of time during which the personal information will be stored; your privacy rights; and information on data transfers. Such requests will be made by filing in your relevant details in our Contact Us page.
Right of Rectification: You may request to change, update or complete any missing data we process about you, by contacting us with your relevant details. Please note that we may rectify, replenish or remove incomplete or inaccurate information, at any time and at our own discretion.
Right of Erasure: You may at any time withdraw your consent to us processing of your personal information. In this case, if there is no overriding legitimate interest for continuing the processing of your personal information (e.g. to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, enforce our agreements, etc.) and the personal information is no longer necessary in relation to the purpose for which it was originally collected, we will erase your data from the live system. Your data may be retained in backups and archives for the duration of our retention period to meet legal and security obligations. Such withdrawal of consent will be made by contacting us with your relevant details.
Right of Restriction of Processing: You may request us to restrict processing of your personal information if one of the following applies:
- the accuracy of the personal information is disputed by you;
- the processing is unlawful; or
- if we no longer need the personal information. Such request will be made by contacting us with your relevant details.
Right to Data Portability: You have the right to receive the personal information in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format without any fee. Such request will be made by contacting SoNET with your relevant details. We may charge you a fee if you wish to receive your personal information in a format we do not support. We will inform you of any applicable fees and obtain your consent before proceeding in such cases.
If you wish to raise a complaint on how we handled the your personal information, please contact us directly using the details provided in the section SoNET’s Contact Details or by emailing to email@example.com which will be sent to our internal Data Protection Officer (DPO) and the relevant team.
If you are not satisfied with our responses or believe we are collecting or processing your personal information not in accordance with the laws, you can complain to the applicable data protection authority.
Acting on your request may be subject to:
- A payment of a fee; and / or
- The supply of appropriate evidence of your identity. For this purpose, we will usually accept your valid driver’s license or a valid passport and a copy of a recent utility bill showing your current address.
You have the option of not identifying yourself when making comments or when providing general feedback however, if the nature of the feedback requires a minimum level of identification for the purpose of further clarification or investigation, identifying yourself would enable us to act efficiently. In case of a business transaction, identification is required as we would require such information to provide the services including training, help desk support and warranty.
Our products and services are not targeted to or intended for children under the age of 13 years. If you are under 13 years, you may not submit information about yourself to us. We reserve the right to modify or remove any information on our sites and / or services at our own discretion.
If we become aware that an individual is under the age of 13 years has shared any information, we will discard such information. If an individual has any reason to believe that a minor has shared any information with us, please contact us directly.
UPDATING AND CORRECTION OF INFORMATION
In line with your Rights To Rectification, please contact us directly with your request.
SoNET’s CONTACT DETAILS
This website is owned and operated by SoNET Systems Pty Ltd.
- SoNET is registered in Australia under registration number ACN 093 532 435, and its registered office is at 15 Gordon Street, Cremorne Vic 3121.
- Our principal place of business is at 15 Gordon Street, Cremorne Vic 3121 (Australia)
- You can contact us by writing to the business address given above, by using SoNET’s website contact form, by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephone on +61 3 8533 7700.