We are delighted to announce that SoNET Systems has won the tender for provision of Online Literacy and Numeracy Assessment (OLNA) assessment services for the Western Australian Government Agency – School Curriculum and Standards Authority (SCSA). SoNET will be providing complete ICT services for OLNA including the following:
- Its renowned Assessment Master software with ability to create items, build tests, administer, deliver and mark tests;
- Application hosting services and ICT infrastructure;
- Support services and service desk;
About The School Curriculum and Standards Authority (SCSA)
The School Curriculum and Standards Authority is an independent statutory authority that is responsible to the Western Australian Minister for Education. The School Curriculum and Standards Authority is responsible for
- Setting standards of student achievement and for the assessment and certification of student achievement according to those standards;
- Developing an outline of curriculum and assessment in schools that, taking account of the needs of students, sets out the knowledge, understanding, skills, values and attitudes that students are expected to acquire and guidelines for the assessment of student achievement;
- Developing and accrediting courses for schools;
- Maintaining a database of information relating to:
- The participation by students during their school years in education, training or employment as provided by the School Education Act;
- The achievement of students during those years;
- Records of assessment in respect to students.
In January 2013, Western Australian Minister for Education Peter Collier MLC announced students would need to demonstrate a minimum standard of literacy and numeracy to achieve their Western Australian Certificate of Education (WACE) from 2016. In response to this, in 2014 the Online Literacy and Numeracy Assessment (OLNA) was implemented by the School Curriculum and Standards Authority (SCSA). OLNA provides students with opportunities to demonstrate the minimum Literacy and Numeracy standard required for WACE attainment. OLNA also helps identify students requiring additional support.